Having the best access control system in place on your business premises can mean the difference between a peaceful sleep every night or constant worrying and fretting about the safety of your precious investment.
So let’s jump right in and give you the best recommendation right off the bet. Kisi is the best overall access control system.
Gone are the days of physical locks and keys in keeping your assets safe. Today access needs to be controlled in a smooth and seamless way in your modern-day business..
And what better way to do that than with the latest technology and designs?
In this post, I rank and review some of the best Access Control Systems available right now.
If you are looking for the best Access Control System you’ve come to the right place. Let’s get right into it.
What are the Best Access Control Systems?
Factors Considered When Writing this Review
The factors I took into consideration include:
- Ease of use.
- Customer support.
- And More.
Best Access Control System Overall
Kisi is a modern and easy-to-use access control system that offers security solutions for any type of business. They launched in 2012 with a goal to “enhance an everyday experience—working and living indoors.”
They have since become industry leaders in the world and have become a preferred service provider. Their team is diverse and international with offices in Brooklyn and Stockholm, as well as remote employees all over the world.
It will please you to know that because it is cloud-based you have the flexibility to access the software from anywhere, on or off your business premises.
There are a lot of tiers of enablement that you could set up with this system. You can control what people access, what they could do within the system, and what management permissions they have. You can also set doors to open only at specific times.
What’s unique about Kisi is that you can easily integrate it into your operational IT systems like cameras and data locking systems depending on your current software.
Their four-part access control system consists of mobile and card access, a wall reader, cloud management and the Kisi controller.
Their touch-less smartphone access system is quite convenient as it allows employees to unlock doors with their smartphones instead of using key-cards that so often get lost or misplaced.
- Free new features without requiring any plan upgrades, saving you loads of money as you scale your business.
- Manage access together with your Office-, IT- and Operations team.
- Share access to specific floors in your building.
- Grant or revoke access on or off-site
- Set up time and user restrictions and integrate with video surveillance all from one dashboard.
- Remotely unlock any door from anywhere.
- Monitor and export events in real-time.
Kisi has a dedicated support team that is always ready to help you, from the installation phase and for the entire time that you do business with them.
They also offer online resources filled with materials, how-to guides, case studies, and product sheets that will help you understand their products better.
Best For Large Businesses
Without proper up-to-date security measures, there is always a risk that someone in your organization might gain access to classified data that was never meant for their eyes.
This could spell disaster for the security and privacy of your business. This is where Honeywell comes into the picture with its high tech access control systems.
With their range of four excellent products, they provide you with the technology you need to solve your security related problems, from the simplest to the most challenging. Their products are scalable, starting with a single site up to a multi-region operation depending on the size of your business.
Among these products I found their web-based MPA2 controller to be quite exceptional. As long as you have internet or access in your business MPA2 can help you to securely manage your system anywhere at any time.
It comes with a browser-based interface that helps you learn and master the system pretty quickly.
With MPA2 gives you all the features you would expect in a traditional access control system; such as securing doors, managing employee access, and managing sites remotely.
The best part is that you don’t even need a dedicated software or PC. All you need to do is just to log on, from anywhere and get access from the Cloud.
MPA2 has been developed with an installer-friendly design that easily adapts to existing IT infrastructure and methods, reducing installation and support costs.
- Enjoy a beginner-friendly design that integrates with your existing IT infrastructure, hence cutting down installation and support costs.
- It is scalable without an increase in costs as your business grows.
- No software costs of dedicated PC required
- You can easily manage sites and control employee access remotely.
- Gives you easy access to reports at any time to meet compliance requirements.
This system is very user-friendly and you can learn it in a limited amount of time.
Best For Health Management
Keep your workplace safe and healthy during these tough times of the ongoing pandemic with Envoy Protect. With their software your business operations do not have to be terribly hampered by Covid.
Envoy Protect offers solutions that enable your customers and employees to safely resume business at your premises without the fear of spreading the virus or contracting it.
You are able to prevent your workplace from getting too crowded by easily controlling the number of personnel on the premises per time. Employees can use their app to see their co-workers’ workplace schedules, so they can book the right desk or meeting room for the task at hand.
Your employees can use Envoy Mobile to sign in on their phone, so there’s no need to touch shared surfaces.
- Perform custom health checks to confirm that your employees are healthy before they come to work, thereby complying with local regulations.
- By having employees upload a photo of their COVID-19 documentation you can verify their vaccination status or COVID test results
- Prevent overcrowding by limiting signing in past your workplace’s max capacity.
- Based on your sign-in data, identify who may have been exposed to an infected employee at your workplace
Envoy has 3 paid plans, you get various features and options depending on the plan you choose.
- Standard: $99/month, per location, billed annually bi per year
- Premium: $299 per month, per location, billed annually
- Custom: For enterprise pricing contact the Envoy Protect sales team.
4. HID Global
Best for Advanced Security
If you really need to scale your access control system, then HID Global is what you are looking for.
They are a global leading company in access control with products spread across 100 countries in the world . Having been in the game since 1991, they really know what they are doing.
HID provides one of the most advanced access control solutions on the market today in industries like government, defense, healthcare, banking, education, transportation, and more.
Their software performs all functions that you would expect to get from a high tech access control system like opening doors, accessing digital networks, personalizing badges, verifying transactions, finding information and tracking, all while ensuring that individual identities are seamlessly accepted, anywhere, anytime.
HID expertly allows employees to unlock doors with their smartphones, eliminating the need to physically touch cards or readers. This is not only smart but conveneient too as people always have their phones in their pockets.
Because it is compatible with hundreds of mobile devices. Misplaced tags or key cards will no longer be a concern.
Even better, HID goes a step further with security. It not only protects your employees but, it protects your customers too.
With the pandemic still going on, creating a healthy environment within your facility critical.
HID offers a software called EasyLobby SMV which helps organizations safely and efficiently manage visitors while achieving Covid 19 compliance.
The software enables visitors to check in and self-register without interacting face to face with a receptionist.
- Monitor real time location of employees, visitors and assets at all times
- Multi-factor PKI credentials for organisations that deal with highly sensitive information and therefore require advanced security systems
- Readers for access control and biometric authentication
- Wide selection of smart card based credentials
- Visitor management solutions including compliance with covid 19 regulations
- Gain access to business facilities using mobile devices and wearable technology
Best For Overall Low Cost
Are you looking for a system on the low budget side. If so, then Isonas is your solution.
It gives you a simple access control system that uses the IP Address of your existing network, without using wiring and panels on each door.
ISONAS is an overall low system because it requires limited hardware and no software infrastructure. It also offers online installation training to further lower your cost.
This makes Isonas a smart choice for any business that wants to avoid steep infrastructure and hardware installation costs.
It offers a cloud based and a local access system; so, you can choose the option that suits you best.
The cloud based option, Pure Access Cloud gets hosted with controllers configured to the cloud. Pure Access Manager on the other hand is on-premises software that allows you to manage access control from anywhere using your network. Both versions are compatible with Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge for your convenience.
Whatever version you choose the end result is you get peace of mind along with the freedom of not having to maintain and support on-site hardware.
- Door readers come in two options: proximity card-only or keypad and card. They are designed to store information and still open doors even if the network is down.
- TruCredential Software that brings flexible badge printing solutions and easy-to-use card design.
- While ISONAS gives you the freedom to use third-party credentials with its system, it also offers its own cap tags, key fobs, mobile, badge cards, and thin cards
- The system’s reports which are accessible on the internet, cover details of credential usage and also warn you of any suspicious activities.
- Your IP system can also be integrated with a video management system.
While Isonas does not have as many features as the other companies on this list, it does come with a lower cost-benefit because it keeps hardware and installation costs at a bare minimum.
It is, therefore, an ideal choice for small businesses or start-ups that have budget constraints but want a product that will still do an effective job.
Whatever the size of your business or budget this guide gives you the best access control systems to choose from. Eventually the best option is one that fits the needs of your business.
Depending on the features that you need in your business one of these companies can solve your access control issues.
Did you find this guide helpful?
Let me know in the comments below.
To your success!